A woman is walking across the street, her attire catches everybody’s eyes: she is clothed within the latest fashion. She attracts everybody’s attention, including yours, not only with her toilet, but in addition with conscious superiority. Are you delighted? Are you envious?
Vainly! In fact, her appearance – is an proof her deep inner complexes. There is a science “psychology of clothing”, where concept “fashion victim” – is not really a popular phrase, but a clinical diagnosis. Orientation exceptionally on the last word popular – is actually a sign of heightened hypochondria, a woman’s psychological reliance upon other people’s opinion, uncultivated self-respect.
According to psychologists, a man, whose costume is very considered (whichever one, even a skiing one), often tries to hide his colossal diffidence and prove his value, attract attention and often to verify his superiority through the help of some attire.
All-sufficient, steady people with various interests usually dress yourself in rather simple way, not displaying, and interest in new trends reasonably, not looking for new labels. They feel quite comfortable wearing as old jeans, being an evening toilet (as a rule, rather reserved).
Moreover, to psychologists’ opinion, one can discern some certain form of self-consciousness behind each style.
1. Classic style. Its main feature – are moderation and traditional nature together with fashionable trends without carrying to extremes. Quite self-confident people, who do not feel any heightened necessity to prove their magnitude to many other people, moreover using Grunge Clothing, keep for this style.
2. Sporty style. Prominent organization men, bankers along with other rich men, who always used a design “costume-cravat”, suddenly began sweeping away jogging shoes, sporting cloth, rucksacks or sportive bags from counters. Yes, of course, today a sense of youthful appearance and healthy way of living has seized a solid hold on our minds, but this does not mean all these people went in for sport or invigoration. This cloth was a standard not merely for exercising, also for rest, vacation. A consider visible simplicity and liberation means striving of well-to-do sections to “complete with poor”, as psychologists consider.
3. Grunge style. A style of “shabby cloth” gave designers a good task! They are cutting off and out, ripping up, soaking cloth in chloric acid, pressing, imitating spots and patches knowingly – they actually do all of these things only since a “grunge” style has come into fashion. Tattered pullovers, dresses, coming unraveled, dirty jeans are sold in leading couturier’s shops and ordinary boutiques. This can be a challenge to elegance, battle with stylishness, expensive refined cloths and impeccable seams. If earlier it had been impossible to visit out wearing the same dress more often than once, now “grunge” style praises scruffiness, as when it is saying: we are wearing exactly the same cloth constantly!
Nevertheless, all this crude “old” cloth surpasses all reasonable prices. Some Levi’s models are more expensive than 6 1000s of dollars! This trend, often causing associations with hippie from Beatles days, displays neglect to cloth along with a challenge to social inequality. However, psychologists take into account that a style of “chic rubbish heap”, which bourgeoisie put into its arsenal, says about its self-destruction and can even be treated as asking forgiveness for sins – similarly to medieval monastic rags.
4. Exotic (ethnic) style. Hindu, Chinese, Arabian along with other oriental motives can be just a fashionable detail for one people, as well as a completed style and method of clothing for some individuals. Such choice testifies to one’s thirst for traveling, mental escape to exotic countries, where all things are not so grey, like around. Exotic style, covered with bright national legends and traditions, says about one’s desire to live in a fairy-tale, escape from reality for some dream world. But it can additionally be a sign of belonging to culture, philosophy of some country, for instance, Buddhism.
5. Military style. Khaki color, camouflage pattern, details, peculiar to military cloth, high heavy boots – some women do like this style. You might have not as a psychologist to know that this means escape from feminine, a want to obtain a foothold such masculine qualities, like decisiveness and power. An idea to one’s love for uniform (and then for man’s style in general) should be searched in childhood, in too strict father’s upbringing, often military people, or fathers dreaming about son and talking about daughters, like she was a boy…
6. Country style. Variegated skirt, loose blouse, decorated with patterns, laces or drawn-work, shoes without heels, simple beads, straw hat – they are features of natural, or country style. Simple, natural cloths and straightforward-minded, plain pelltn are typical for it. This style can be a sign of one’s nostalgia on country life or testify about one’s ecologic views. A straw hat as well as a chintz skirt say with one accord with their possessor: we are not synthetic, our company is natural!
7. “La Femme Fatal”. This style is everlasting, however it is marked with fashionable attributes: high-heel shoes, skirt with cut, deep décolleté, strings and open-work stocking. A lady-temptress, a lady-vamp, oversteps the limits of elegant moderation venturesomely, and self-affirms, as being an object of men’s lust. Strangely enough, the option of this style will not always mean a woman’s heightened sexuality. We can rather say that such woman does not see some other advantages in herself, which may attract men’s awareness of her and cause their delight.